Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cultural Diplomacy and Turkish Coffee



This is what I call closing the last 3 feet of public diplomacy: handing out free Turkish coffee on the streets of DC, and inspiring lots of conversations about Turkey, Turkish culture, Turkish food, and Turkish coffee fortune telling in the process. 


 And I get to be a part of it! I would write more, but I'm headed to New York with the crew tomorrow as they spread the Turkish coffee love around the East Coast. So in the meantime, check out the Turkayfe website for more info on the project, and look out for lots of pictures and videos (courtesy of my newfangled DSLR) to come!


1 comment:

  1. Is it only turkish coffee? As cultural diplomacy goes it is more than one "brand name".
    Either way it is good that you promote this kind of coffee and use it as a facilitator of discussion :)

    ReplyDelete